What is a BMS?
A BMS (Building Management System) is a computer system used to control and monitor the mechanical and electrical systems in commercial, industrial and residential buildings. It is also known as Building Management System (BMS).
A BMS is responsible for the monitoring and control of systems such as air conditioning, lighting, security, access control, energy, humidity control, among others. Additionally, it collects and analyzes data from sensors and devices to enable building maintenance and management staff to make informed decisions to improve energy efficiency, reduce costs, and improve occupant comfort and safety.
Main characteristics of a BMS
The main features of a BMS (Building Management System) can vary depending on the particular system, but some of the most common features are detailed below:
- Systems monitoring and control: A BMS allows you to monitor and control a variety of systems in a building, including HVAC, lighting, security, access control, energy and humidity systems, among others.
- Data collection and analysis: The system collects data from sensors and devices and analyzes it to identify patterns and trends, allowing building managers to make informed decisions.
- Automation: A BMS allows the automation of certain functions, such as automatic temperature or lighting adjustment, to improve energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
- Communication: The system can communicate with other systems, such as security systems, fire alarm systems, and other building automation systems.
- Alerts and notifications: The BMS can send alerts and notifications when systems problems are detected, allowing for quick response from maintenance personnel.
- Remote access: The system can be accessed and controlled remotely, allowing building managers to monitor and control the building from anywhere.
In summary, a BMS is an important tool for efficient monitoring and control of a building’s systems, allowing for more effective building management and greater comfort and safety for occupants.
We have extensive experience in BMS.
Protect the safety of your patients and ensure the efficient operation of your facilities with our Building Management System (BMS) and critical alarms designed specifically for hospital centers, guaranteeing the highest quality in medical care and the peace of mind of all healthcare personnel.